Tuesday 9 July 2013

Shahid Afridi Interview

Pakistan’s pride, the world-class batsman and all rounder player Boom Boom Afridi doesnot need to be introduced. Shahid Afridi started his carrier in 1996  when he was just 16. In his first international innings he played excellent and his score exceeded 100. He has got the title of “boom boom”  because of his excellence.


 Question: What would Shahid Afridi be doing today if he had never become a cricketer?


Boom Boom: If I didn't play international cricket, I would have joined the Army.



Question: Did anyone coach your style of batting or is it completely natural?


Boom Boom: It's natural, I never had a coach teach me, my style of batting, nor do I believe in coaching at an international level.



Question: Are you surprised that your 37 ball century record hasnt been broken yet? 


Boom Boom: Do you want someone to break it? 


Question: Do you think you can break it again?



Boom Boom: No i don't think I could break it again but then records are there to be broken.


Question: Which other players do you think could break it?


Boom Boom: Who ever has a good game on their day could break it.


Question: Who were your cricketing heroes both Pakistani and non-Pakistani?


Boom Boom: Imran Khan was my ideal. Other than him I enjoyed watching Mark Waugh, Lara, Sachin & Inzi bhai.


Question: Have you ever been at the crease with a batsman who was out-hitting, be it Ijaz, Imran Nazir, Razzaq, Azhar? have you ever been challenged by another batsman to see who can score the fastest.


Boom Boom: Never, they don't want to try it..


Question: You've already hit 303 International sixes, tell us about the most memorable sixes you've ever hit? 


Boom Boom: I can remember about 3 or 4 years back during the VB series I hit some big sixes off McGrath and Lee's bowling, they're two of the best ODI bowlers in the world and I'd never thrashed their bowling before so that was some very memorable six hitting for me.


Question: What bowler have you most enjoyed hitting sixes against?


Boom Boom: It was during the same VB series and the bowlers were Mcgrath and Lee.



Question: What was your best performance with the ball in any form of cricket?


Boom Boom: It was under Inzi Bhai's captaincy during the Bangalore test match vs India, my 3 wickets in the 2nd innings broke the Indian middle order and I'll never forget forget the way we won that match.


Question: What has been your best performance with the bat in any form of cricket?


Boom Boom: The 141 runs in scored in Chennai vs India is an innings that I remember vividly to this day.



Question: We've seen you bowl an 85 MPH spin delivery, Why don't you bowl as quickie?


Boom Boom: Actually I started out as a fast bowler but people told me that I was chucking the ball, so i changed to spin.



Question: Did you ever consider becoming a fast bowler, you have the physique and power of a fast bowler so why did you choose to bowl spin?


Boom Boom: No, you see fast bowling is not an easy job. Especially if you are also a batsman as well as being a fast bowler, a fast bowler has to work harder than any other cricketer on his fitness.



Question: Do you still bowl fast in the nets?


Boom Boom: No i just stick to my leg spin.



Question: Your faster ball has enabled you to take many wickets. Why have you stopped bowling this type of delivery?


Boom Boom: The reason for that, is that my faster delivery causes problems for the wicket keepers.



Question: Most cricketers want to make a name for themselves in Test cricket and they give more importance to their Test careers but you are more concerned about ODIs and don't seem to enjoy Test cricket even though you've been very successful when playing Test matches, why is that?


Boom Boom: (gets quite passionate about his answer) It's not that I don't like to play Test cricket, that's not the issue. They don't play me. There's no consistency in the way I'm picked to play Test cricket. Sometimes I'm playing and other times I don't even make the squad and it makes me think maybe it's better that I just don't play any Test cricket at all. But as of now I really want to play Test cricket, I know that at this moment, the team needs me and I would do anything for the team.




Question: Why did you retire from Test cricket and what made you change your mind and come back?


Boom Boom: It was a rash decision on my part, I didnt think it through properly before making the announcement. My well wishers were very upset with me and they convinced me that I should reverse my decision so I came back.



Question: Do you find that the constant crowd anticipation for you to hit every ball for 6 affects the way you bat? How do you counter act this. Does crowd pressure make you try to hit sixes every ball?


Boom Boom: It's very difficult for me because the plans I have in my my head before I go out to bat get forgotten, when I go out there it's like hitting a wall of sound and I forget whatever we had discussed minutes earlier in the dressing room.



Question: How do you cope with pressure like that?


Boom Boom: (switches to English) I'm not very strong mentally, I'm straight forward.



Question: If in a few years in the future you became captain of Pakistan, what changes would you make?


Boom Boom: If i am ever given the captaincy, I will be very tight on my players to keep them in line. 



Question: Do you think the Pakistan team of the last few years has been aggressive enough?


Boom Boom: Not really, we haven't been aggressive enough.




Question: Is there any truth to the rumors that there is tension between you and Malik because on the field you always seem very close and friendly with each other.


Boom Boom: We get along just fine. It is sad that some people in the media like to create stories to sell their media, without any real facts to back up their stories.



Question: At Question: Net, you're known as "The Beast" because of the way you destroy bowling and attacks and bowlers on the pitch. Do you have any beastly messages or quotes for your huge fan base?


Boom Boom: The only thing i would say to my fans at Pakistani passion is always try to understand and educate yourselves on the reasons why Allah has given you life, do that part first then enjoy the rest of life and Chill out...

7 comments:

  1. i love lala <3 u r best . boooom booom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every weekend i used to pay a visit this web page, because i want enjoyment, since
    this this site conations actually fastidious funny
    information too. Thankyou for sharing.

    Mpo Deposit Pulsa
    Situs Slot Bet Rendah
    Mpo10 Mobile
    Joker303
    Mpo81 Link Alternatif

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was more than happy to seek out this internet-site.I wished to thanks in your time for this wonderful learn!! I definitely having fun with every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you blog post.

    Slot500
    Lucky77 Slot
    Dragon88 Slot
    Hoki777 Slot
    Judidadu88

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. TRIVIA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel relax after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are like torch bearer in this field.

    ReplyDelete